Conserving energy when we need it most – Power-saving tips from CZ Electronics
Power consumption is a hot topic again, as loadshedding sweeps South Africa once more. One of the primary reasons our power keeps being switched off is the increased demand for electricity. So, with power-saving at the top of everyone’s minds, the CZ Electronics team shares a few tips on reducing your energy footprint.
Saving the grid
There are several ways you can reduce your home or office’s energy use. And they are primarily behavioural adjustments in your day-to-day life. Mindfulness is the first step in conserving energy. Simply thinking about your usage, rather than taking power for granted goes a long way.
- Turn off your geyser – When you are not home and no one needs to shower or bath, switching off the geyser can cut down on power usage because the element in the geyser is not heating the water and isn’t using electricity.
- Use energy-saving lightbulbs – Normal light bulbs consume far more electricity than is actually necessary and need to replaced more often than energy efficient globes. Halogen incandescent bulbs, fluorescent lights and light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs) use up to 80% less electricity and they last much longer, so they don’t need to be replaced as often.
- Buy energy-efficient appliances – Energy-efficient appliances may cost more in the short-term. But they will save on operating costs in the long-term, to the tune of about 25% less cost to operate than less efficient products. Look out for low-energy Star-rated products.
- Turn off the lights – Basic as it may sound, many of us simply forget to turn off lights in rooms that aren’t in use. This is probably the most obvious energy-saving strategy – but a very sound one.
- Unplug – TVs, sound equipment and other electronics can still draw current when they’re plugged in – even if they’re off. Unplugging them or switching them off at the wall can save energy and money.
Saving energy by changing everyday behaviours is not just good for the grid. It’s also good for the utilities bill. And if all South Africans just make small changes at home or at work, it can have an accumulative effect.
Together, we can make a difference and make an impact on South Africa’s energy crisis.
CZ Electronics – Bringing Tomorrow Home.
Manufacturing South Africa
Electronics South Africa
#CZElectronics #CZlocalmanufacturing #CZtechnology #CZ2021 #localmanufacturing #Electronics #Featuredblog #SouthAfricasChoice#conservingenergy#powersaving #ManufacturingSouthAfrica #ElectronicsSouthAfrica